Hershey Entertainment and Resorts SUMMER SERVER, Trevi 5 in Hershey, Pennsylvania
We are seeking Servers for Trevi 5.
This is a seasonal position available for the summer beginning in April/May 2019.The working schedule may include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays based on operational needs.
Serve guests' needs by providing exceptional knowledge of food and beverage menu items as well as information regarding preparation methods.
Job Functions(Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Describe the selection of food and beverage menu items to guests by offering interesting, and vivid descriptions of each item's check completed kitchen orders with the guests' original order; transport items to the guest table in a timely manner to ensure proper food quality. *
- Anticipate guests' needs, ascertain satisfaction origin, taste and preparation methods; communicate guests' orders including any specials needs or requests to the kitchen using the point-of-sales system; coordinate food timings;, offer suggestions, respond urgently and appropriately to guests concerns and requests.*
- Properly and accurately close guests' checks.*
- Breakdown, clean and set-up of tables, buffets and food stations
- Knowledge of Forbes and AAA Service standards.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors
- Prepare alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages, when necessary
- Assist seating guests from podium to table
- Take guest reservations
- Plate and prepare food items
- Comply with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts code of conduct policy
- Complete any related duties and tasks assigned
- The required tip outs to other positions (i.e. server assistants, food runners, bartenders, etc) are different for each restaurant. Please talk with the hiring manager about the expected tip outs.
- Servers will be expected to prepare alcoholic and non- alcoholic beverages and have an understanding of all drink lists and specialty featured drinks.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to work at least 16 hours per week.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Industry Experience - Food & Beverage
- No education required
- Ability to carry and balance a tray.
- Ability to accurately process cash and credit card transactions.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Constant (>67%)
- This job requires minimal visual requirements. Able to distinguish unlike items, detect motion, and distinguish color.
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays Must be able to work flexible hours based on operations needs
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: The Hotel Hershey
Interest: Food & Beverage
Hourly Wage: $4.10+tips