EY Executive Assistant - 12m FTC - Cork in Ireland
Executive Assistant - 12m FTC - Cork
Core Business Services
Requisition # IRE002DX
Post Date Jan 11, 2019
Job Title: Executive Assistant (EA)
Basis: 12m FTC
To provide secretarial and administrative assistance to a portfolio of partners and/or directors. Duties include diary management, travel arrangements, time reporting, expense reporting, invoices and the provision of meeting support.
Scheduling / Diary Management
· Manage busy portfolio diaries, arrange appointments (both internal and external) and organise travel, accommodation and transfers as appropriate.
· Use judgement when scheduling meetings for the portfolio - determine purpose and minimum time required.
· Arrange conference calls, meetings, lunches and dinners on behalf of the portfolio as required.
· Add / edit calendar items as requested.
Communications & Networks
· Use judgement to manage the portfolio’s workload/current issues and have the knowledge to respond to queries; take ownership of enquires and ensure issues are referred to the appropriate person in a timely fashion.
· Screen phone calls and messages, sort post and emails for the portfolio and prepare list of action items and issues, referring to the relevant portfolio member when necessary.
· Prepare and revise documents including letters, emails and memos etc.
· Build and develop an internal and external network of contacts on behalf of the portfolio; build knowledge of key issues in order to effectively identify priorities.
· Liaise and work with Executive Assistants within the wider team and the entire EY network.
· Arrange travel using the Hogg Robinson Corporate Travel desk or EY’s online travel system (EY Trip/iSuite) in line with policy.
· Prepare complex international travel itineraries.
Time & Expense Reporting & Invoices
· Prepare and submit weekly expenses, timesheets and invoices using the EY in-house system.
· Reconcile and report on American Express card statements as required.
· Ensure all papers are prepared ahead of meetings as necessary.
· Prepare, amend and progress presentations as and when required.
· Manage administration of meetings, including documentation collation.
General Administrative Support
· Maintain hard and soft filing systems
· Maintain information for key administrative matters related to the portfolio and others as needed e.g. contact lists, etc. as requested.
· Maintain the client database (Interaction) updating contacts and other associated tasks as required.
· Provide ad hoc support for the portfolio on projects as requested.
· Support visitors as required.
Experience and Qualifications
· Candidates should have demonstrated experience working as an EA supporting a portfolio of senior leaders in a fast-paced corporate environment.
· An advanced knowledge of Word and intermediate knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel is necessary.
· A working knowledge of Outlook is preferred but considerable experience of IBM (Lotus) Notes would be considered
· Ideally candidates will have exposure of working within a multinational and multicultural corporate organization where they have built relationships across virtual portfolios and supported a portfolio that travels extensively.
· Experience of working at a professional service partnership is an advantage but not essential.
Successful candidates will have the following skills:
· Strong inter-personal skills including an excellent standard of written and spoken English.
· Strong organization skills with an ability to prioritise an often conflicting workload.
· The ability to handle confidential information and issues effectively and without breach of confidentiality.
· The ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential problems and offer solutions.
· The aptitude to provide regular progress reports on administration matters.
· The confidence and capability to work with senior profile executives and clients and to form networks with staff at all levels and influence effectively.
· A flexible and professional manner.
· A portfolio-orientated focus.
· A quality-driven approach consistently aiming for high standards.
· The ability to act as an ambassador for the firm and maintain corporate image/appearance at all times.
If you are currently working as a personal assistant and you are looking for a new challenge or if you are interested in a career as an Executive Assistant in a fast paced environment please contact us with your details using the apply button below.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.