Citrix Systems Inc. Technical Support Engineer (German & English) in United States
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
Location:DublinRequisition:R22124 Technical Support Engineer (German & English) (Open)Job Posting Title:Technical Support Engineer (German & English)
What we're looking for:
Content Collaboration & Endpoint Management Support Engineer (German&English)
You will be a Support Engineer within our Content Collaboration & Endpoint Management Support team. We believe that the customer comes first and, you will be instrumental in providing a premier customer service experience to our customers. You will actively resolve highly complex cases raised on the Citrix Software products and work on product-related matters. You will utilize your investigating skills to isolate, analyze, and provide resolution to customer inquiries. The pace is fast and the job is challenging but, the partnership makes this opportunity one that is very rewarding.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
• Provide Technical assistance for Citrix Content Collaboration and Citrix Endpoint Management software products to customers of large size, scope and/or political complexity – via phone, email and remote access.• Is able to self-prioritize work items based on customer requirements and minimal guidance.• Develop a deep technical understanding of the Citrix Content Collaboration and Citrix Endpoint Management products• Collaborate with other team members of the team as needed, to troubleshoot and resolve specific customer issues.• Act as an effective technical interface between the customer and 3rd Level Engineering / Product Development teams - by providing clear issue documentation and by leveraging cross-functional working relationships in their area of expertise• Provides problem report prioritization for the Engineering team.• Write & review complex technical articles and case studies for the knowledge base, leveraging the customer reported cases, product specifications, and previous experience.• Build SME (Subject Matter Expert) expertise in at least one of the Citrix Software products and develop an understanding of the wider Software product suite.• Participation in a 24x7 on-call rotation• Opportunity to develop project management skills through participation in projects
Requirements (Education and Experience)
• Possesses good problem solving and analytical skills.• Strong written and verbal communication skills, to be able to communicate with management• Strong understanding of server administration and networking protocols (such as TCP/IP)• Builds code or script literacy while in position with the goal to have the ability to read and understand existing code and/or scripts.• Must possess a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience.• Must have previous experience in a technical customer support environment or field experience, working in enterprise level environments.
• Fluency in German and English is essential!
• Experience installing, configuring and administering: Active Directory, Group Policies and Windows Server Architecture• Working understanding of Networking protocols, security technologies and topography• Basic understanding of Databases (MS SQL preferred) and SAN technologies• General knowledge of scripting and/or introductory coding knowledge
Experience in the following areas is highly desirable
• Windows Server Experience - including Windows Server 2012 / MS Exchange / ActiveSync• Networking Experience – such as SSL, DNS, and TCP/IP• Authentication Experience - such as LDAP/Active Directory/Radius• Database experience – such as MySQL or SQLServer• Smartphone and tablet knowledge on devices/OS such as Apple iOS and Android Phone
What we offer:
Working space – €7 million investment in newly refurbished offices!!!
Facilities – Breakfast & Lunch, Full Canteen, Xbox, Ping Pong table, Relaxation Rooms, Free Car Parking
Culture – Fun, vibrant and inclusive
Our Values – Integrity, respect, curiosity, courage and unity
Sports & Social – Monthly events like concerts, wine tasting, sports events and more…
Job specific bonus
8% non-contributory pension
Full health insurance incl. partner & dependents
Life and disability assurance
Educational assistance program
Certified Citrix Training
26 weeks paid Maternity & 18 weeks paid Paternity Leave
Eye Care, Cycle to Work, Volunteer Days
What you’re looking for:
Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It’s a simple philosophy that guides everything we do — including how we work. If you’re driven, passionate and curious, we invite you to make a difference with a brand you can believe in. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If we just described you, then we really need to talk.
Functional Area:Tech Support
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) aims to power a world where people, organizations and things are securely connected and accessible to make the extraordinary possible. We help customers reimagine the future of work by providing the most comprehensive secure digital workspace that unifies the apps, data and services people need to be productive, and simplifies IT’s ability to adopt and manage complex cloud environments. With 2017 annual revenue of $2.82 billion, Citrix solutions are in use by more than 400,000 organizations including 99 percent of the Fortune 100 and 98 percent of the Fortune 500.